Monday, December 7, 2009

The Madness that was the Weekend of Mayhem

I stand on the edge of the curb saluting the cars that whoosh past. They don't really seem to notice me. I don't care though. What I do care, is that each passing car hits a puddle, no an ocean of dirty rain that literally envelopes me. I wou;dn't mind so much if it was for the fact that I am in my all white pure mink and that earlier that day, I spent a random four hundred on my hair. I now damn well that I left for the weekend with it up in a wonderful high design, all pinned and tied back. It now hung over my face and dripped chemicals that stung my eyes.

You'd think, well I did, that the motorist passing would slow as they reached some poor drenched misfit, wavering back and forth, side to side on the edge of a busy road. But no, they don't.

Surprisingly I do remember how I landed here, although I rather wish I didn't. The weekend was unashamedly a msytery of madness and mayhem, that truth be told, I would rather not discuss.

I will however conclude with the idea that I made it home, despite looking like I had taken a midnight swim, I managed it entirely on my own. I later found, in my now brown tinged mink, my hair elastic and a whoile bunch of bobby pins. Seems I may not have remembered everything from the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. The story that you read above is a tale of ficion and does not represent that of the authors real weekend.
    You will also notice that the author, who also turns out to the with whom this blog belongs to, did leave out the answer to their movie quote from the previous blog. Answer will be provided on the next post.

    ReplyDelete